BookingCenter's Self Check-in System lets the Guest update details, payment methods, view policies, digitally sign documents and complete check-in from any device (kiosk, PC, mobile device, etc). The process is fully integrated with MyPMS with synchronized status updates, customized messaging, eSign - Digital Document Signing and optional SMS (subscription required). To learn more about how the Self Check-in process works, see Self Check-in | Setup Process.
The Self Check-in process is designed to only allow the guest to start and complete Self Check-in ON the Check-in Date and Arrival Time. The Guest will only see the Check-in button and be allowed to complete the process if all criteria has been met, similar to the check-in process in MyPMS. If the Booking Criteria has not been met, then the a message will display telling the guest what action to take, i.e. Add Payment Method.
If the Guest clicks on the Self Check-in link BEFORE the Check-in date, then the Guest will be able to Manage the Booking, but the Check-in button will not display. For the detailed information on MyBooking, see Self Check-in | MyBooking.
Here is a summary of the Booking Criteria that must be met to allow a Self Check-in via Mobile and/or Kiosk:
- Check 1 -
- Check-In is enabled? If not, then MyBookings will allow the Guest to 'manage their booking' but not pay nor check-in themselves.
- If using a Kiosk, did the authentication work to find an appropriate booking?
- Check 2 -
- Site Date = Booking Arrival Date (if condition not met, we message: "We are looking forward to your upcoming stay. Please check back on your check-in date to complete Self Check-in. To review or update booking details, use the links below."
- Is the booking linked to a 'suppressed Rate Agent'? If not, continue on. If YES, then hide the column "Average Rate' on the MyBookings page, so that no rate info will be shown on the screen, but all else will.
- Booking has either a Confirmed or Unconfirmed Status.
- Booking has a Room Assignment.
- Booking has a Guarantee assigned (doesn't have to be a CC).
- If the Guaranteed by: is a DB: (Direct Bill) then there is no option for a Guest to 'Update Credit Card'
- if the Guaranteed by: is ADDPAY (Add Payment Option) then theGuest must add an Incidental Credit Card to check-in with message: "Please enter a valid credit card for incidental charges or damages."
- Check 3 -
- E-Sign is enabled, which a Site can view in their Setup area | General Settings under "eSign' setting.
- If E-Sign required
- Check to see if there is an e-signature file saved with the Booking. If not, yet required, messages: "CLICK HERE TO SIGN")
If eSign is required, the link to the specific RUID Letter determines which of two potential eSign letters are required and need to be signed.
- Check 5 - Check to see if the Agent is a 'suppressed Rate Agent' and the Site has setting: Require Incidental Credit Cards for Supressed Rate Self Checkins’: YES. If so, require guest to add a new Credit Card with message: "Please enter a valid credit card for incidental charges or damages." This becomes the credit card then set as Guaranteed by: for the check-in.
- Check 6 - Check the Arrival Time. If early, we message "The check in time for your Room is <arrival time from BK>, please check back at this time to complete your check in. If the time is past, then proceed.
- Check 7 - Check for Room Clean status, if set as required (this can be set as required or not). If cleaning status is not required, then this step is passed. If required and not CLEAN, message "We need to update your booking details to complete Self Check-in, please call us at <kiosk phone for Kiosks and Site phone for Mobile Self Check-ins> ". If The Housekeeping App and/or MyGuest is active, a new MyGuest ticket is entered with message:
Attention A MyPMS Demo Hotel staff. A new request has just been received
- Request: 1805
- Name: The Housekeeping App
- Room: 404
- Request Name: My Hotel Housekeeping Request
A Guest Request is awaiting attention, click here to manage it. Please attend to it as soon as possible.
Housekeeping can then focus on this room.
- Check 8 - If the Room is cleaned, then the green 'Check in' button appears and the Room entry instructions are provided after clicking the button.
- Check 9 - Can the Guest cancel or not? The ability for a Guest to cancel their booking is decided by the Cancellation Policy you have setup in your Marketing and Policies area: "Allow cancellations within MyBookings" Yes/No? If yes, the cancellation message shows, and the Guest has to confirm and check the box to agree to the terms. If no, no option to Cancel exists.