The Auto Authorization function allows you to charge a pre-determined authorization amount to a guest credit card upon check-in.
To use Auto Authorization, the setting must be enabled. Go to SETUP | PMS | SETUP. See SETUP
- Auth Flat Fee: Any authorization at check in will add the value from this setting (found under Hotel Setup) for EACH card authorization. This is a onetime authorization charge per booking checked in.
- Auth Nightly Fee: Any authorization at check in will add the value from this setting (found under Hotel Setup) for EACH NIGHT OF THE STAY to the card authorization. This is a onetime authorization charge per booking checked in and if a booking is edited to extend or shorten, this authorization will NOT change automatically. The only way to increase or decrease an authorization Is to do so manually.
Guaranteed By: In the second section, under Booking Information, locate the "Guarantee By" field and choose the credit card type from the drop-down list. When you select the credit card type from the Guarantee By drop down list the screen will expand to show "Credit Card Details". (See below)
See MyCard Video Tutorials
Credit Card Details: Red Asterisk * indicate a required field.
- * Credit Card Number and Expiration Date: Enter the card number first and then expiration date. Enter both without any dashes, slashes, spaces or any other character that is not a number. The expiration is selected from seperate drop downs in the form of Month / Year. Once the number is entered, the system will automatically set the payment type to the credit card type entered and will be available as a payment type on the guests folio(s) Upon submission, the system will check to verify the validity of the card number.
- CVV Code: Enter the CVV code if you have it. You can process the payment without it. To require CVV ('Card ID') entry, make this choice in the Setup Area | Site Details area.
- Billing Address: f the contact information is not the credit card holders, the hotel may have trouble collecting on a no-show or late cancellation.
Input the card and card holder details. Click "Copy Address from Above" if the information is the same as the Guest Details. It will auto fill the details.
Swipe Credit Cards: When checking in a reservation, it is important to swipe the credit card in the credit card swipe field. This will insure that your property collects the lower "swipe rate" for credit card discounts. It will save the hotel approximately ½% of the total dollar value settled.To process the payment at the less expensive "Swiped rate" (and you are using MyCard and Authorize at Checkin), then, when the cc# entry field has focus, the cursor is flashing in the text entry field, swipe the customers card. This will collect the swipe information.
- Press "Save & Check-in". This will initiate an authorization request for the amount of the stay plus a 'one time' and 'nightly auth' amount predefined by your management minus any the sum of any Advance Deposits collected.
If the authorization goes through, you will be returned to the Front Desk
Problems with Authorizations
If there was a problem with the authorization, you will be give a warning at the top of the booking. You can then attempt to authorize a non-present credit card.
Other possible messages would be "Call", or other error messages. For most of these messages, including, "Decline" you should first verify the credit card information is correct and that the card has not already expired, then try the checking the booking in again.
If the card still cannot be authorized you should ask the guest to speak to their issuing card bank to clear up any security holds or alter the guarantee by of the booking to a different payment method. If supported use an alternate method of payment for Guarantee By such as a check, travelers check or cash.