MyCard© is BookingCenter's credit card payment gateway tightly integrated with MyPMS©. It is transparent to the User and eliminates the need for separate POS, additional phone lines, monthly and transaction fees, as well as the time intensive auditing of settlement reports against MyPMS transactions. There are two variants to the MyCard system:
- The Traditional MyCard© system that works with merchant accounts setup by any merchant processing bank or ISV that can board an account using the TSYS, VisaNet, or Vital networks our 'lodging' gateway is certified to. These accounts work with both 'card present' transactions (using a card swiper to enter credit cards of Guests or Companies) and 'non-present' transactions (entered manually by a User; via a guest from your Booking Engine; from a phone/fax message, etc).
- MyCard EMV©. These types of accounts use an EMV terminal to perform the same features as the traditional MyCard© system detailed in this MyCard documentation. EMV terminals support a wide range of transactions, including support for 'dip' transactions (where an EMV 'chip' card is inserted into the EMV terminal); 'swipe' transactions (where a credit card is swiped into the EMV terminal); and 'tap' where the NFC (Near Field Communications protocol that supports ApplePay, GooglePay, etc) is placed near the EMV terminal. MyCard EMV© support can not be created by any merchant processing bank or ISV, rather we are supporting those accounts 'boarded' by TSYS Merchant Processing (TMS) as they can provide the proper EMV hardware for your business needs and the EMV terminal they send will have the certified BookingCenter application already installed onto it. To order your Candice Shelton via Phone: +1-402-574-7044; Fax: 866-483-4731; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or Website: www.tsys.com/tms.
The two variants of MyCard can be used concurrently, ie you could use both a Traditional MyCard© and MyCard EMV© terminal at the same time. There are four common reasons why a property would have both variants used concurrently:
- Your policy requires guests to pay deposits automatically when booked online. Because an EMV terminal resides at your physical location, and is only accessible via your LAN (Local Area Network) your Booking Engine cannot use it to precess a 'real - time' booking deposit. Thus, for properties that want to charge these deposits automatically via their Booking Engine, the Booking Engine transactions will process via the Traditional MyCard© account while the EMV (ie, local' transactions) will process via the MyCard EMV© terminal.
- You utilize the 'pre- authorize remaining arrival' feature to automatically authorize the first night of room rent (detailed here) as part of Night Audit. This process requires a Traditional MyCard© to work.
- You are using a Self CheckIn kiosk (details here) to enable guests to walk in, make a Booking via your kiosk, pay the full amount, and then Self CheckIn. Similar to the reasons described above for the Booking Engine, this process requires a Traditional MyCard© account to work.
- You want to get an EMV terminal but you have a contract with a merchant processing bank or ISV that requires you to use their service for a 'term' (such as 1 or 2 years) or pay a penalty. For situations like this, it's best to leave your Traditional MyCard© alone (to conform to your contract), and just add a MyCard EMV© terminal(s) to access the liability protection of EMV as a new account. It would then be prudent to cancel the Traditional MyCard© account at the end of the term if the other 3 scenarios don't apply to your business.
When a property is using both the Traditional MyCard© and MyCard EMV© terminal(s), the 'Settle Credit Cards' Night Audit process' runs all transactions at the same time and the Batch Report shows which ones came from the Traditional MyCard© gateway and which ones from the MyCard EMV© terminal(s). To setup either the Traditional MyCard© or MyCard EMV© account, contact BookingCenter.
Managing Credit Card Transactions
When you click on Manage Credit Cards, a new window opens with the Credit Card information and Transaction history for the booking. You can then Manage the Credit Card Transactions or Add a new transaction. See the following functions below for specific tasks.