The High Balance report is only used for clients using MyCard (the integrated credit card processing for MyPMS). See MyCard
The High Balance Report brings to the attention of the management which bookings may need an additional or increased authorization amount or need a payment taken. Effectively, it tells management to 'watch out' for charges that may exceed authorized amount.
The report displays active Individual and Group Bookings with folio balances which have exceeded or are reaching the amount authorized at check in by a percentage you enter.. For example, all folio balances that have reached 90% of the authorized amount on the credit card.
More information on Authorizations:
To run a High Balance Report:
- Go to REPORTS | DAILY REPORTS
- Click on High Balance Report
- Choose Date: Choose a single date or date range. I.e. for a single date choose Dec. 1, 2015 and Dec. 1, 2015 in both the start and end dates.
- Percentage Against Authorization: Enter the % amount of the folio balance against the authorization amount. For example, enter 90 to display folio balances that have reached 90% of the authorized amount at check in or manual authorization.
- Sort by: Choose the sort order of the report by Room, Guest Name, Folio # or Balance
- Choose the report format: HTML, Excel or Text.
- Click Generate Report
High Balance Report displays the following information:
- Guest Name: Guest Name as entered in the booking.
- Rooms: last four digits of credit card number
- Folio Number: Folio # of booking
- Folio Name: If you have additional folios or House account folios, it will display the name of the folio.
- Balance: Folio Balance
- Auth Amount : Authorized amount taken at check in and as a manual or incremental authorization.
- Payment Type Credit card type i.e. VISA, MC, AMEX