The Item Analysis Report displays all of the Inventory Items sold in "Add Charge" OTHER than Room Rent in a chosen date range.The Report includes the Booking #, Room, Folio Name, Item, Date, User, QTY, Extended Price.
If further detail is needed on any category, then use the Transactions Report and select the "Transaction Category" in the drop-down menu and use the same date range to get a detailed list of transaction in that category. You can also leave the drop down on "Select from list" for a list of all transactions during the time frame.
Note: Items can be charged for future dates, such as check-in date, so that the item charge on the folio coincides with the booking dates or to use the Item Analysis Report to plan for items that need to be ready for upcoming guest bookings. For example, a guest orders flowers and you need to know which bookings for the upcoming week to order flowers for. Learn how to post charges to the folio on dates in the future, see Advanced Charges to Folio
All advanced charged can also be tracked in the Advanced Charges Report (tracking what Charges are to be delivered in the future)
- Go to REPORTS | DAILY REPORTS | ITEM ANALYSIS
- Click on Item Analysis Report
- Choose Date: Choose a single date or date range. I.e. for a single date choose Dec. 1, 2015 and Dec. 1, 2015 in both the start and end dates.
- Transaction Type: Choose an Individual Item or Select all for a Report of all items.These types are categorized by Inventory Group which can be setup in SETUP | PARAMETERS | INVENTORY GROUPS.
- Choose the report format: HTML, Excel or Text.
- Click Generate Report
The Item Analysis Report displays the following information:
- Booking: Confirmation #
- Room: Room assignment of Booking
- Folio: Folio # of booking
- Item: Description of Item sold. These are items set up in Inventory Items. See Inventory Items
- Arrival: Arrival date of booking
- Departure: Departure date of booking
- * Date: Date the charge was added to the folio. Note: The 'Date' column shows what 'System Date' the Charge posting was made on (if set automatically) Or, if your property allows it, a future date might have been entered when the Charge was posted to a folio, and that future date will be the one listed under the 'Date' column.
- User: User id of person adding the charge to the folio.
- QTY: Quantity of items purchased.
- EXT: Extended price of items purchased and charged to the folio
See an example: Item Analysis Report.pdf
* Note that the date posted on the Charge affects when the Item will be picked up. For example, one can sell an Item today (via 'Add Charge' to a folio), January 12, 2011 and have the date tracked as March 23, 2011 on the Folio so that that particular Item will appear on the Item Analysis report for when it's actually 'required' to be used - March 23, 2011. Thus, if an Item is future-dated, that item is considered a 'current liability' to be sold/fulfilled at a future date and is not reported on the date for today, January 12, 2011.
However, any Payment for the Charge is always 'now' (will appear on the Transaction report when payment is posted) and cannot be future-dated. So don't get confused with charging for an Item and paying for it.