Inventory Items allow you to create specific items for sale through your House Account or as additional charges to a Guest Folio. These items appear in the drop-down list in Add Charge, see Add Charge, and as Items for sale on your website if you have the POS feature enabled. See POS Module.These items can also be in seen in Daily Reports - Item Analysis Reports.
Once you create an Inventory Item, you can assign it to an Inventory Group, See Inventory Groups Inventory Groups are used for categorizing Inventory Items in both the Add Charge drop down list and on the Item Analysis Report.
If you are selling the items online, then add Inventory Items images that will appear on your website with the item.
Inventory Items can also be used in creating packages. See Packages. See an Example for Cape Schanck Lightstation - http://requests.bookingcenter.com/enquiry.phtml?site=SHANCK
There are four Inventory Items that have already been setup for your property and it is important that you do not modify or remove them: RENT, PHONE, NOSHOW and DB. These mandatory Inventory items enable charges to be posted to folios including Room Rent, No Show charges, and Guarantee by Direct Bill.
You can add as many Inventory Items and Inventory Groups as needed.
To add or edit Inventory Items, go to SETUP | PARAMETERS | INVENTORY ITEMS. When you click on Inventory Items, a list is displayed with all of your inventory items.
To Add an Inventory Item: Click Add at the bottom right corner of the page and a new screen will appear with a blank form. There are two required fields, but we encourage you to fill out the information as completely as possible. The Description will appear on your website and guest folios.
- *Item Code: Enter a Code that describes the Group. Examples include SPA, REST, TRANS, DISC This I.D.is for Internal use only and will not be viewed by guests. I.D. must be alpha/numeric only. Do not use punctuation, symbols or hyphens. Use a max. of 10 Characters, 5 characters or less is preferred.
- *Description: Enter a short description. This description will appear as the description in the drop-down list when adding a charge and on the Guest Folio. See Add Charge
- Group: Choose an Inventory Group to categorize the item in an Inventory Groups for the Add Charge drop down list and the Item Analysis Report.
- Sell Online: If the status was set to "Yes", then the item would be available for guests to select during an online booking and can be used in creating packages. See Packages.
- Sell: Enter the dollar amount of the price of the item.
- Cost: Enter the cost of the item (optional)
- Online Deposit: Choose whether this item requires a deposit when booking is made.
- Occupancy Rate: Optional- add a % rate if needed for a service charge to be automatically calculated for all items in the Group.
- Occupancy 2 Rate: Optional- add a % tax rate if needed for a service charge to be automatically calculated for all items in the Group.
- Tax Rate:
- Sort: Indicate a Sort # to order your list in the drop-down menu in Add a Charge drop-down list
- Notes: Optional
- Extended Description: Optional
Click Save when finished.
To Edit Inventory Item: Click on the Item Code and make changes To add a new item click Add in the lower right hand corner and fill out the fields.
In the example below we are adding an Inventory Item for FLOWERS which is part of the MISC Inventory Group. The item costs the property $30 and sells to the guest for $50 and is subject to $0 Occupancy Tax . It is set to Sell Online "No" which means it will only be available at the front desk and not through ANY online channels.