The Default Letters section displays in a new tab to the right of the Letters tab. It is used to select the "Booking Letter" used for automated email functions such as the confirmation email sent when an online booking is made on the Website Booking Engine.
Each Default Letter pre-populated with a BookingCenter Letter Template UNLESS you have selected another Letter from the "Booking Letters" list.
You can choose to continue using the BookingCenter Letter Template selected OR use a Letter created by you. If you do choose a BookingCenter Letter Template, you can modify the text, images, etc. to customize it to your needs (the only exception is the "Website Booking Confirmation" Template). The Booking Letters list contains the BookingCenter Letter Templates and the Letters you have created. To Edit any of these Letters, see Add or Edit Letters
See a detailed description of each Default Letter below, the Templates available and how it is used in automated email functions.
- Front Desk Registration: This Letter is used for the "Print All Reg Cards" function under Daily Reports. See Print All Reg Cards
- Website Booking Confirmation: When a guest makes a booking on your website Booking Engine, an Email Confirmation will be automatically sent to the Guest and to the Hotel at the main email address. See Booking Engine | Confirmation Letter
- POS Letter: This Letter is used for the POS Receipt function in the House Accounts. See POS Receipt Function
- eSign Request Letter: Part of the Digital Signing Process. This is the Letter that the Guest gets requesting them to click a link to sign a document. See Create Default eSign Letter
- Self Check-in Start: Part of the Self Check-in Process. This is the Letter that is sent to the Guest on check-in date with a link to MyBookings.See Self Check-in | Default Letters
- Self Check-in Complete: Part of the Self Check-in Process. This is the Letter that is sent to the Guest on check-out date with a link to MyBookings. See Self Check-in | Default Letters
- MyBooking Cancellation: Part of the Self Check-in Process. See Self Check-in | Default Letters
- eSign Letter: Part of the Digital Signing Process. This is the Letter that the Guest will digitally sign and submit. See Create Default eSign Letter
- eSign Letter; Suppress Rates: This eSign Letter specifically used for Suppressed Rate Agents at Self Check-in. This Letter can be customized to your needs, I.e. no rates or charges displayed and will automatically open for the guest to sign in place of the Default eSign Letter. See Self Check-in | Default Letters
Any of the Letters can be further customized with text and images and Merge fields (the only exception is the "Website Booking Confirmation" Template).
To see examples of how Merge Fields are used in Letters.see Merge Field Examples
To learn more about creating Letters, see Letters