Add A Custom Letter
Click ADD to create a new Letter
Choose “Letter Type” from the drop down menu. (Note: Create a letter for each Auto Letter you plan to set up. I.e. Group Confirmation letter and Guest Confirmation Letter).
There are 3 types to choose from:
- Group – Based on group booking data.
- Individual- Based on individual booking data (including those assigned to a group)
- Guest – based on guest data not booking related data such as a birthday.
- The Letter Editor will open to create a Letter. Save your changes and the Letter will appear in the Letters list. You can now use this letter in the Auto Letters function.
- To verify your changes: Select any booking, go to the Letters Tab and choose the revised letter. If necessary, make additional edits by repeating the steps above.
Edit A Custom Letter
To edit any letter in the MyPMS system, go to Setup | Parameters | Letters.
Please note: Letter types cannot be changed after they are created. Therefore, if you want to use an existing letter and it is not set to the Letter Type of your choice, then you must create a new letter.
Follow these steps:
- Open Letter: choose the Letter you want to edit by clicking on the Letter I.D. or selecting it and choosing 'Edit'. The Letter will open in an Editor which you can use to customize your letter.
- Editor Toolbar: The toolbar at the top has many features you can use to customize your Letter including adding images, text formatting and other standard features. It also includes a full set of Merge fields used to insert booking, financial and guest information from your records and transactions to appear automatically in the Letter.
- Merge Fields
- To see the available list of merge fields, click on the the BookingCenter "globe" icon in the top left corner of the editor.
- To insert the value of the merge field you want, place your cursor at the location in Letter you want it to appear. Then, click on the desired value from the merge fields list.
- To change or edit your Merge fields in the Letter, highlight the field and click on the BookingCenter "globe" icon in the top-left of the editor. Choose the new field from the drop down menu and it will replace the highlighted field
- To see a list of Merge Fields, see Merge Fields - Individual Letters and Merge Fields - Group Letters
- Merge Fields
- Once you have finished editing your Letter, click Update to save your changes.