All changes to Rates and Restrictions are done in SETUP | RATE | MANAGE RATES after a default Rate Plan is created. Once a default Rate Plan is set up, then it will appear in the drop-down list in Manage Rates,
If you need to add a new Rate Plan or change the description of the Rate Plan, see Default Rates
The Manage Rates feature allows you to quickly change rates and set restrictions such as, MINLOS, CTA, for a specific day or date range up to 57 weeks in advance. Often, this is used to manage rates for peak periods – Long Weekends, Special Events, Holidays, Weekly Rates, etc.
Managing Rate Plans
Each Rate Plan is assigned it's own Rates and Restrictions and is managed individually unless selected for a multiple rate change.
Restrictions are unique to each Rate Plan and must be adjusted individually.Therefore,when changing Restrictions, you must make the changes to each of the Rate Plans you need to adjust. To get started, follow these steps. For details on each, see
Rates can be managed either individually (Manage Single Rate) or for multiple Rate Plans (Manage Multiple Rates)
- Manage Single Rte Plan - Change the rates for one rate plan.
- Manage Multiple Rates - Change multiple rates at the same time using a % or $ adjustment.
- Understanding Agent Channels
- Agent Types
- Room Type and Rate Plan Allocations
- Add Room Type Allocation
- GDS and OTA Allocations
- Manage Availability and Rates
- Rate Loading
- Promo Codes
- Special Agents
All Rate Plans must be managed individually. To get started, follow these steps.
- Go to RATES | MANAGE RATES. See figure 1.
- Choose the Rate Plan to manage from the drop-down list and the date range, then click Display Rates. A screen will automatically appear with the Rate Plan Information by Date. See Figure 2. below.
Figure 1. Choose Rate Plan
Managing Rate Plan
When you select a rate and a time frame and press Display Rates, the system automatically loads the rate for that time frame. If you've never edited the rate or stay options for that time frame the system loads the Default Rate. See Manage Single Rate Plan
Figure 2. Manage Rate Plan