All changes to Rates and Restrictions are done in SETUP | RATE | MANAGE RATES after a default Rate Plan is created. Once a default Rate Plan is set up, then it will appear in the drop-down list in Manage Rates, If you need to add a new Rate Plan or change the description of the Rate Plan, see Default Rates. If you've never edited the rates or restrictions for a Rate Plan during the date range selected, then the system loads the Default Rate.
Each Rate Plan is assigned it's own Rates and Restrictions and is managed individually in Manage Single Rate unless selected for a multiple rate change.
The Manage Multiple Rate option allows you to make make a % or $ increase/decrease or flat rate change to Daily Rates at one time.
Restrictions, No. of Guests and Weekly Rates are unique to each Rate Plan and must be adjusted individually.Therefore,when changing those items, you must make the changes to each of the Rate Plans you need to adjust. See Manage Single Rate
If you want to make a change to one rate on one date, then use Rate Grid - Daily Rate Change
To Manage Multiple Rates, follow these steps.
The Rates selected will ALL change by the adjustment amount in the chosen time period. For example, if you choose the KING and Queen Rates, for Oct. 1- 31, 2016, then enter a dollar adjustment of -10, then both of those rates will be reduced by $10.
- Go to SETUP | RATES | MANAGE RATES.
Select Rate(s): From the drop-down menu, choose the Rate Plans that you want to make adjustments to manage. If you have created Rate Groups, then the rates in that group will display together with a header.
- Begin Date: and End Date: Select the date range by choosing a "Begin Date" and "End Date" using the calendar picker. Choosing the correct date range is a very important part of managing rates.You can select any date range from one day, weekend, week or month to several years in the future. For example, if you choose Oct. 1 - Oct. 30 and Oct. 1 lands on a Saturday, then the first day of the week displayed is Saturday.Although the date range selected is one month, the calendar will always display a seven day weekly view. This means that when you change a rate on the Friday night, it will change the rates for ALL Fridays from Oct. 1-Oct.30. The rate changes you make will apply to ALL rates in the selected date range. If you are changing rates for a long date range like two years, then remember that it will over ride any short term changes made to specific time periods within the date range. For example, there are special rates entered for 4th of July weekend. The date range selected is through Dec. 2018. Any changes made through Dec. 2018 would override the the special rates and you will need to go the 4th of July weekend to reenter the rates.
Click "Update Rates"
A screen will automatically appear with the Rate Update Summary.
This displays a summary of the Rate Plans and date range chosen for the adjustment. You will also choose your rate the RATE UPDATE OPTION you want to make from the drop-down menu.
- START DATE:: Displays the start date chosen for the date range in the previous screen.
- END DATE: Displays the end date chosen for the date range in the previous screen.
- RATE PLAN(S): Displays the Rate Plans chosen in previous screen.
- RATE UPDATE OPTION: Choose the type of rate adjustment you want to make from the three options in the drop-down list:
- % Percentage Increase/Decrease - For a $ amount increase or decrease across all rates selected.
- $ Percentage Increase/Decrease - For a percentage increase or decrease across all rates selected.
- Preset Dollar Amount - Use to change all of the rates selected to a pre-set dollar amount like $100. This effectively sets a new Daily rate for the all of the rates selected.
- Click "Next"
The screen will automatically expand to display the field for entering the adjustment amount.
It will display a % # depending on the option you chose and a blank field to enter the adjustment amount.
- Enter a amount or number into the field. No signs or symbols. For example, To increase a rate by a % or $ amount, enter a positive I.e. 10. To decrease a rate by a % or $ amount, enter a negative #, I.e. -10
- Click "Next"
The confirmation screen will display a summary of the Rate Plan changes
- Click 'Update Rates" to complete the adjustment and change the rates.
Go the Rate Grid to view the Rate Changes. SETUP | RATES | RATE GRID . See Rate Grid