Kiosk Self Check-in is a series of services that differ from Mobile Self Check-in, in that the Guest will interact with a URL that is <usually> loaded onto an internet device (Mac, Windows, iPad, Android tablet, etc) in 'Kiosk mode' so that it neither looses power nor 'sleeps', already ready to serve your guests. When the Guest approaches the Kiosk, they can:
- Load a Booking and Check-in
- Make a Booking
- Do one or both
Optionally, for MyGuest users, the Kiosk can deliver these functions from within the Concierge, or the access to the Concierge can be delivered from the Kiosk before or after check-in.
The Kiosk Agent
There are special Agents specifically for Kiosks, intended to make it easy for properties desiring Kiosks at multiple locations, for a variety of needs. For example:
- If you run a Hotel at one location, a cabin rentals business in another location, and an RV or campground in a different location, each of the Kiosks at these locations may have different 'rooms' and rates to book, different payment policies (maybe EMV full payment for RV/camps, but authorization at check-in for the Hotel), and different contracts/deposit/ terms and conditions for checkin. In this case, each Kiosk is a unique 'front desk' enforcing the rules of each business unit.
- Property manager with a collection of vacation rentals may desire a unique Kiosk at each 'house/villa', with a MyGuest Concierge for the particular Unit.
Of course, most BookingCenter customers have a single location and only one Kiosk. But Kiosk controls can be separate from normal 'front desk' business in order to:
- Offer the ability to book a room via your Kiosk and immediate;y resolve payment, contract signature, and access to the room.
- Allocate different rates/avail to the 'BookNow' from your Kiosks than is what is publicly display on your website, OTAs, or GDS profile.
- Enable a Guest who booked via a 'rate suppress' channel such as Expedia Collect, Booking.com pre-paid, HotelTonight paid booking (described here), to check-in, not sharing the rates that were booked via these 3rd parties, not see rates on their 'registration letter' required to sign, but required to provide an incidental credit card.
- Present unique Deposit and Cancellation messages when offering 'BookNow' from your Kiosk(s). To Guests who booked via traditional sources such as Booking.com, Expedia, or your website, the policy booked can be maintained, thus can be different for bookings booked via your Kiosk.
- Each Kiosk
- The ability to turn on/off one Kiosk at a time and observe the status of each Kiosk.
- If using MyGuest, each time a Kiosk is turned ON, MyGuest generates a request and identify who turned it on. When it's turned OFF, MyGuest closes the request. This allows managers to know when, and whom, is using Kiosk Self Check-in to turn the property into auto-attendant mode.
- Each Kiosk presents particulars such as emergency phone number, payment policy, default language (yes, it is multi-lingual!), deposit policy so that each Kiosk offers different policies and branding business profiles, if desired.
- Each Kiosk can use a unique Booking Engine template (if offering 'Book Now' capabilities at the Kiosk) in order to facilitate the best experience for the Guest. Learn more here.
- Each Kiosk uses a unique template style when the Kiosk is Active (we call this the 'welcome screen'); when the Kiosk is Inactive; and also a Confirmation page presented to the User who turns the Kiosk On/off. Selection of the template to be used for each Kiosk is done on the Kiosk Agent page. Each Kiosk can show whether it: Authenticates (ie, 'check in' existing bookings); Books a Room (ie, allows user to 'book online'); or either/or of these options.
Authenticating Bookings in a Kiosk:
Each 'welcome page' that BookingCenter supports has an option for a Guest to 'check in' via authenticating themself and finding their Booking(s).
- If there is a single booking found: the Guest is taken to MyBooking to complete their Self Check-in.
- If there are multiple bookings found: the Guest is taken to MyBooking to complete to complete their Self Check-in for each booking, one-at-a-time.
- If there is no booking found: the Kiosk presents a Failure message "Sorry! We we not able to find you in our system." They are then directed to contact the Hotel using the Kiosk contact number/Skype/WhatsApp provided.
Making a Booking from a Kiosk
When choosing to offer this capability, each Kiosk can use it's own Booking Engine template; can use the System Date to allow bookings up to an hour in the early am and then cut-off additional bookings automatically for that 'business day'; each Kiosk can use its own payment gateway, so supporting either 'EMV MyCard' 'Traditional MyCard' or no payment gateway; and from the booking can seamlessly check-in their booking as they standing at the kiosk.
See the section Kiosk Booking Engine for Guests to Book and Check-in for further details on the use of the Booking Engine via a Kiosk.