The Tax Exempt Report displays bookings that have been set to "Tax Exempt" in the Booking Data of the booking. See Booking Data
This is a manual setting that prevents tax from being automatically added to the folio when Room Rent is charged to the folio during Night Audit.
The booking must be set to "Tax Exempt" before night audit in order to prevent the tax from being automatically added to the folio. Again, if this setting is checked, then ONLY Room Rent will be charged to the folio and NOT Room Tax.
The report displays guest and booking information, folio balance and payments, the tax amount that would have been charged and the total room rent of the booking without tax. Reports can be run for one year at a time, starting on any date you choose (past or future), but will be limited to one year.
Note that this report is based on creation date of the booking, not the Arrival and Departure dates.
To run a Tax Exempt Report:
- Go to REPORTS | MANAGERS | TAX EXEMPT REPORT
- Click on TAX EXEMPT REPORT
- Choose Date: Choose a single date or date range. I.e. for a single date choose Dec. 1, 2015 and Dec. 1, 2015 in both the start and end dates.
- Choose the report format: HTML, Excel or Text.
- Click Generate Report
The Tax Exempt Report displays the following information:
- Room: Room assignment of Booking
- Room Type: Description of Room Type.
- Name: Name of Guest
- Date Booked: Date the booking was created
- Room Nights: Number of nights in booking
- Status: CONFIRMED, UNCONFIRMED, CANCELLED, COMPLETE
- User: User ID for front desk users; XML for website bookings; admin for online bookings including OTA channels.
- Balance: Actual balance of guest folio
- Tax: Amount of tax that would have been charged to the booking.
- Rent: Total Room Revenue from booking NOT including taxes.
- Adults: Number of Adults
- Children: Number of Children
- Infants: Number of Infants
- Arrival: Arrival date of booking
- Departure: Departure date of booking