What is the Group Booking Engine?
The Group Booking Engine is an online booking engine that offers a central location for individuals to book a room as part of a Group Reservation. By logging in to a secured area, bookings can be viewed and added to a group without having to contact the property directly.
The booking engine provides a way to add bookings, view rooming lists, take individual payments and get group booking details giving guests the information they need to choose a room and complete payment. Availability and rates are based on the room type allocations in the Group Booking in MyPMS. When guests add a booking, they choose a Room Type and you assign the Room in MyPMS.
All bookings made on the group booking engine are automatically inserted into the Group Booking Room List and managed in MyPMS giving the Group Booking Manager complete control without the time commitment of taking individual bookings.
The group booking engine can also be customized to your property by adding a logo, banner, displaying your marketing policies and room type images.
How does Group Booking Engine work?
- First, create a Group Booking in the Group Booking Wizard in MyPMS. The confirmation # of the booking will become the User ID.
- Open the Group Booking and go to the Booking Data Tab.
- In the Booking Information section, create a password and enter it in the password field and click Save. See Group Bookings - Create Password
- The Group Booking can now be accessed through your customized Group Booking Engine link located in SETUP | SETTINGS | GROUP WEBSITE CODE. See Group Website Code
- Use the Confirmation # as a User ID and the password you created for the Group. The User ID and password is the same for all guests logging into the Group Booking.
- Give the Group Contact the User ID and password and direct them to your customized group booking engine link to log in and start making bookings.
- To easily email the USER ID, Password and URL to the Group Contact in a Confirmation Letter. Add this information to the Group Confirmation Letter using merge fields.. See Merge Fields - Group Letters and Group Booking Engine - Custom Letter.
- User ID: is auto set via the system. This field is not editable.
- Password: is set via the property. Guests cannot change this field.