Go to SETUP | PMS | USERS, then click on the name of an existing User.
To Edit the User Information: Click Edit. The Screen will refresh with editable fields. See below for details.
To Unlock a User: Click Edit. The Screen will refresh with editable fields. In the right hand column click on the Unlock User button to unlock the User Id and allow log in. If the User fails 3 times again, the User will be locked again. If the User is 'Locked out' at the Login screen, they get an option to either:
- Send an email to the email address on file and this email has a link that 'Unlocks' the user to try again.
- Allows the User to click to one of their Challenge Questions, answer it successfully and that 'Unlocks' the user to try again.
To Edit User Information:
Click on the User ID and the Edit Screen will open.
- User Name: This is the users login. This does not have to correlate with the user's real name.
- Password: Enter or reset the password for this account. In the event a password needs to be changed it is done from the Setup Area | PMS | Users tabs by editing the user and entering the new password.
- Full Name: Enter the staff members name as it will be represented on folios, letters and more. It may be a good idea to protect your staff members full name by using just their first name or first name and initial of their last name.
- Email: If you provide individual staff members with a unique email address enter it here, otherwise enter the default email address for the property.
- Language: Select the default language to be displayed for that user. This setting defaults to English,US
- Allow Manual Entry of Rates: New users by default do not have permissions for Manual Rate entry. If you wish to allow a user to enter Manual Rates select 'Yes" from the drop down.
- Allow Overbooking: This allows the user to book beyond your current availability. Recommended setting is "No". There are some scenarios where it is desired that staff be able to over "sell" rooms in the property. If the Allow Overbooking is enabled on the users account that user will still be able to book room types from the Book by Availability or Tape Chart windows even after the availability for that type reaches 0. Users will still be presented with warning text that they are overbooking that room type but will be allowed to proceed as shown in the image to the right. For users who do not have Overbooking privileges the "New Booking" button will be grayed out and they will be unable to make a booking for that room type. Overbooking flag defaults to No.
- Enable Ip Filtering: This is a per user toggle. If enabled the user will only be allowed to log into the system if their originating IP Address matches a range entered in the IP Filtering Tab. This is an advanced setting that can cause loss of access if used incorrectly, but is useful to property owners who want to limit access to specific networks. See IP Filtering for more information.
- Status: Active/Inactive. This flag dictates if the user account is live or not, and defaults to Active.
- From: Allows you to set a user active from a specific date in the future. This allows you to setup a new employees account for the MyPMS system but dictate a date in the future when they can start logging in with it.
- Roles: Carefully select the role for the new user. Available roles include: Manager, Night Audit, Front Desk. Role Privileges are broken down as follows:
- Manager: Full access to all Setup functions and Reports.
- Sr. Night Auditor: Able to perform Night Audit; No access to Setup; Full access to all columns of Reports.
- Night Auditor: Able to perform Night Audit; No access to Setup; Access to only first 4 columns of Reports.
- Front desk: No access to Night Audit or Setup. Access to only the first 3 columns of Reports.
- Housekeeper: Access only to the Housekeeping section.
- Challenge Questions/Responses: Each user must have two separate Challenge Questions and Responses. The questions are user definable, and the responses are case sensitive.