To Add a User, go to SETUP | PMS | USERS, then click Add.See instructions below.
There can be as many Users setup as needed.
All activity performed by the User in the Front Desk will be recorded under their User ID.
Each User will be given a User Role with access to certain parts of the system and then given the ability to perform certain tasks.
System restrictions by User Role:
- Manager: Full access to all Setup functions and Reports.
- Sr. Night Auditor: Able to perform Night Audit; No access to Setup; Full access to all columns of Reports.
- Night Auditor: Able to perform Night Audit; No access to Setup; Access to only first 4 columns of Reports.
- Front desk: No access to Night Audit or Setup. Access to only the first 3 columns of Reports.
- Group Manager: Allows access to Group Bookings and Reports.
- Housekeeping: Access only to the Housekeeping section, Daily, and Housekeeping Reports.
User dependent restrictions:
- Allow manual entry of Rates: Allows user to manually change a Rate.
- Allow Overbooking: This allows the user to book beyond your current availability. Recommended setting is "No"
- Settle Credit Cards: Displays the "Settle Credit Cards" button in Night Audit.
- View Manage Credit Cards Screen : Displays the "Manage Credit Card" link in the Booking Details.
Add New User:
To add a new user click "Add" and enter ALL variables enter the "User name". This does not have to correlate with the user's real name. Enter a password for this account. Do not worry; any manager will be able to reset this password in the future.
- User Name: This is the users login. This does not have to correlate with the user's real name.
- Password: Enter or reset the password for this account. In the event a password needs to be changed it is done from the Setup Area | PMS | Users tabs by editing the user and entering the new password.
- Full Name: Enter the staff members name as it will be represented on folios, letters and more. It may be a good idea to protect your staff members full name by using just their first name or first name and initial of their last name.
- Email: If you provide individual staff members with a unique email address enter it here, otherwise enter the default email address for the property.
- Language: Select the default language to be displayed for that user. This setting defaults to English,US
- Allow Manual Entry of Rates: New users by default do not have permissions for Manual Rate entry. If you wish to allow a user to enter Manual Rates select 'Yes" from the drop down.
- Allow Overbooking: There are some scenarios where it is desired that staff be able to over "sell" rooms in the property. If the Allow Overbooking is enabled on the users account that user will still be able to book room types from the Book by Availability or Tape Chart windows even after the availability for that type reaches 0. Users will still be presented with warning text that they are overbooking that room type but will be allowed to proceed as shown in the image to the right. For users who do not have Overbooking privileges the "New Booking" button will be grayed out and they will be unable to make a booking for that room type. Overbooking flag defaults to No.
- Settle Credit Cards: Displays the "Settle Credit Cards" button in Night Audit. This allows a user to access the Night Audit section, but not be able to 'Settle' any pending credit card events. Care with this setting should be heeded, as Night Auditors who can't 'settle' might allow long periods of time without settling credit cards, resulting in a cash flow - or declined transactions - problem.
- View Manage Credit Cards Screen : Displays the "Manage Credit Card" link throughout the system. Without this privilege, a User won't be able to view, edit, or manage any authorizations of credit cards, so use this sparingly. They can enter a credit card via the New Booking method (i.e., swipe a card or manually enter one) but they wouldn't have any more management access to cards after it was used to make a New Booking or Guarantee a booking at checkin.
- Status: Active/Inactive. This flag dictates if the user account is live or not, and defaults to Active.
- From: Allows you to set a user active from a specific date in the future. This allows you to setup a new employees account for the MyPMS system but dictate a date in the future when they can start logging in with it.
- Roles: Carefully select the role for the new user. Available roles include: Manager, Night Audit, Front Desk. Role Privileges are broken down as follows:
- Manager Role: Has full access to the system, all reports and the setup area.
- Night Audit Role: Has full access to the system, all reports excluding Manager section and cannot access the setup area.
- Front Desk role: Has full access to the system. Can only access Daily and Group reports and cannot access the setup area.
- Challenge Questions/Responses: Each user must have two separate Challenge Questions and Responses. The questions are user definable, and the responses are case sensitive.
There can be many combinations of Pages and Reports that can be arranged into a 'role' for a specific customer. We recommend that the 5 main Roles above be used to reduce staff confusion when using MyPMS, but when a specifc need to create a unique Role arises, you can choose from the table below and notify BookingCenter Support staff to craft a unique Role for your property:
Pass On Log
Account Receivable Aging
Travel Agent Commissions
Booking By Inquiry
Booking By Availability
Group Booking Wizard
Group BookingsBooking Details
Group Booking Details
In House Reservation
In House Guest Ledger
Out of Order
Vacant Room List