The MANAGE RATES function allows you to quickly change the rate and restrictions for a rate plan for a specific day or date range up to 57 weeks in advance. This is often used to manage rates for peak periods – Long Weekends, Special Events, Holidays, Weekly Rates, etc.
All changes to Rates and Restrictions are done in SETUP | RATE | MANAGE RATES. A Default Rate Plan must first be set up SETUP | RATE | DEFAULT RATES. If you need to add a new Rate Plan or change the description of the Rate Plan go to Default Rates
Once a default Rate Plan is set up, it must then be "managed" in MANAGE RATES. This means that all changes to rates and restrictions, from today's date forward, needs to be done inThe rate that you entered will be the default for the Rate Plan. Once the Rate Plan is set up, it will appear in the drop-down list in MANAGE RATES.
Managing Rate Plans
Each Rate Plan is assigned it's own Rates and Restrictions and can be changed in four ways:
- Manage Single Rate Plan Change the rate and restrictions for a Rate Plan, unless selected for a multiple rate change.
- Manage Multiple Rate Plans Change multiple rates at the same time using a percentage % or dollar amount $ adjustment. Note: can not be used to manage the restrictions on a rate plan.
- Rate Grid - Daily Rate Change The Rate Grid also gives you the ability to change a rate on one day by clicking on the rate.
Restrictions and No. of Guests are unique to each Rate Plan and must be adjusted individually.Therefore,when changing those items, you must make the changes to each of the Rate Plans you need to adjust in Manage Single Rate Plan
How to Manage Rate Plans
- Daily Rates can be managed either individually with Manage Single Rate or for multiple Rate Plans with Manage Multiple Rates
- Additional Adult or Children Charge: These are unique to each Rate Plan and must be adjusted individually .Therefore, when changing additional guest charges for any single rate, you must make the changes to each of the Rate Plans using the Manage Single Rate Plan method.
- Restrictions: Restrictions are unique to each Rate Plan and must be adjusted in Manage Single Rate Plan. Therefore, when changing Restrictions for any single rate, you must make the changes to each of the Rate Plans using the Manage Single Rate Plan method. See Single Rate Restrictions
- Weekly Rates: Rate Plans also have the option of including Weekly Rates. See Weekly Rates If you have unique weekly rates and want to enable the Weekly Rates feature, go to Booking Engine Settings
Choosing a Rate Plan: From the drop-down menu, choose the Rate Plan that you want to manage. If you have created Rate Groups, then the rates in that group will display together with a header. if you want to change rates for another Rate Plan during the same date range selected, then just go to the "Choose Rate" drop-down menu and click "Update Rates". The screen will change to display the selected Rate Plan which is shown in the blue box at the bottom of the grid.
Choosing a Date Range: Choosing the correct date range is a very important part of managing rates.You can select any date range from one day, weekend, week or month to several years in the future.Changing rates is done in a seven day calendar view starting on the day of week corresponding to the "Begin on" calendar date chosen. For example, if you choose Oct. 1 - Oct. 30 and Oct. 1 lands on a Saturday, then the first day of the week displayed is Saturday.Although the date range selected is one month, the calendar will always display a seven day weekly view. This means that when you change a rate on the Friday night, it will change the rates for ALL Fridays from Oct. 1-Oct.30. The rate changes you make will apply to ALL rates in the selected date range. If you are changing rates for a long date range like two years, then remember that it will over ride any short term changes made to specific time periods within the date range. For example, there are special rates entered for 4th of July weekend. The date range selected is through Dec. 2018. Any changes made through Dec. 2018 would override the the special rates and you will need to go the 4th of July weekend to reenter the rates.
"Save" : Use this feature to save only the specific items you are changing. When this box is checked the data in that lined will be saved. Even if you don't change the rate and are only changing restrictions, the rate entered will save for the time period selected. Therefore, if you are only changing restrictions and not rates, then uncheck the boxes next to the Rates. If you are only changing rates and not restrictions, then uncheck the Restrictions.
"Fill": This is a useful feature to make changes across the week. Clicking the 'Fill' box will automatically fill the entire row with the amount entered in the first entry. This can be a real time saver.