A Child Rate is a rate plan that is setup under a Parent Rate Plan. The rate is "linked" to the Rate of the Parent Rate Plan and calculated by the percentage increase or decrease entered in the Child Rate Plan.
Therefore, the daily rate of a Child Rate Plan will always be calculated from the Parent Rate and can not be changed in Manage Rates.
However, the Child Rate Plans can have unique restrictions, which means the restrictions can be different from the Parent Rate that it is linked to. This is useful if you want to offer a discounted rate only on specific days or with specific MINLOS, etc.
For example, you want to offer a Weekday Special (15% Discount Monday-Thursday with a 2 night minimum). A Child Rate Plan is set up with -15% entered in the Adjustment. Then, in Manage Restrictions, "Arrival" is checked for Friday, Saturday, Sunday to close the rate to arrival and 2 is entered in MINLOS.
All changes to Child Rate Plan Restrictions are made in SETUP | RATE | MANAGE RATES after a Child Rate Plan is created.
There are four settings for Child Rate Restrictions:
- MIN LOS (Minimum Length of Stay): Requires a minimum stay for any booking arriving on the date chosen. I.e. 2 night MIN LOS on a Friday would require any booking made with an arrival date of Friday to stay 2 nights.
- MAX LOS (Maximum Length of Stay): Requires a maximum stay for any booking arriving on the date chosen. I.e. 4 night MAX LOS on a Sunday would require any booking made with an arrival date of Sunday to limit the stay to 4 nights.
- Arrivals: CTA (Closed to Arrival). If this box is checked, then the rate plan will be unavailable for bookings with this arrival date. I.e. Saturday is checked. A guest making a booking will not be able to choose Saturday as an arrival date.
- Closed (Closed to Bookings): If this box is checked, then the rate plan will be closed for making bookings. I.e. if Sunday is checked, then a guest will not be able to make a booking on this date.
Please note the difference between using "Arrivals" and "Closed".
"Arrivals" effectively closes the Rate Plan and makes any Room Type it is assigned to unavailable to arrival on your website, GDS and Front desk.
"Closed" makes any Room Type it is assigned to unavailable for bookings on your website, GDS and Front desk.
All changes Restrictions are made in SETUP | RATE | MANAGE RATES
- Checkmark the box "Manage Restrictions"