To see create, edit and manage Sources, go to SETUP | PARAMETERS | SOURCES. Sources, like Agents, are used to track the origin of bookings. Unlike Agents, Sources do not affect pricing, availability or commissions. Sources are viewed on the booking details for all guest bookings, see Booking Information, and use in some reports as a sort function. Use this function to create guest marketing lists, see Search Bookings and sales reports, see Reports
Sources in Online Bookings
- When bookings are made with links that do not have Source assigned, then the system uses the default source WEB.
- Sources can be used on the website booking process to find out where guest are finding your property. However, this must be enabled in SETUP | SETTINGS | BOOKING ENGINE SETTINGS. Then, select the source. click edit and set it to Yes or No for Publish Online.
Common Examples of Source Codes: WEBSITE for the properties main website or EMAIL for links added to your outgoing e-mail signature.
Your list of Sources will appear in the default view.
To add a Source: Click Add and a new browser window will open to add Source details.
- Source I.D.: Enter a source ID that identifies the source. Examples include REF for Referral, or FB for Facebook. Enter letters or #'s, max. of 8 characters
- Description: Enter a short description. This description will appear in the drop-down list for Source In Booking Information.
- Notes: Optional notes for the source
- Publish Online: Set to "yes" to publish to your website and "no" to have it only appear on the drop-down list at your front desk.
- Sort:Indicate a Sort # to order your list in the drop-down menu in Booking Information. See Booking Information
To Edit a Source: Click on a the Source Name and a new browser window will open. Here you can edit all fields EXCEPT for the Source I.D. which must remain for data records. Click Save when finished.