The Folio is a powerful and flexible tool for applying charges and payments to a Guest bill. All Charges and Payments will appear in the Guest's Primary Folio and stays attached to the Guest Booking.
The functions available in the Folio allow you to create additional folios, transfer items between folios and email or print folios. These can be used as a Guest Receipt or you can create a customized Receipt Letter. See Letters.
Please take a moment to review these important Folio Functions
- Room Rent Charges automatically charge to Guest Folios during Night Audit.
- A Folio must be balanced in order to check out a Guest.See Balance Folio
- Additional Folios can be created in the same Guest Booking
- Charges and Payments can be transferred between Folios.
- Total Payments and Charges are shown in the Booking Header information.
- The transactions shown in the Folio can also be viewed in the Transactions Report
- Folio history can be viewed in the Log Tab of the Booking Details
Credit Card Payments
Credit Card Payments made to the folio function are recorded in the folio and the transactions are managed in Manage Credit Cards.
The credit card payments applied to the Folio will only be processed If you are set up with Payment Processing through our MyCard system. For details and instructions on credit card processing, auths, payments, etc. see MyCard, Authorizations and settling credit cards.
If you ARE NOT signed up for automatic payment processing through MyCard, then the credit card information entered will ONLY be recorded, but NOT processed through MyPMS and treated as any other payment method. See Add Payment.