The Folio is a powerful and flexible tool for applying charges and payments to a Guest bill. All Charges and Payments will appear in the Guest's Primary Folio and stayed attached to the Guest Booking.
The functions available in the Folio allow you to create additional folios, transfer items between folios and email or print folios. These can be used as a Guest Receipt or you can create a customized Receipt Letter. See Letters.
Please take a moment to review these important Folio Functions.
- Room Rent Charges automatically charge to Guest Folios during Night Audit.
- A Folio must be balanced in order to check out a Guest.
- Additional Folios can be created in the same Guest Booking
- Charges and Payments can be transferred between Folios.
- Total Payments and Charges are shown in the Booking Header information.
- The transactions shown in the Folio can also be viewed in the Transactions Report
- Folio history can be viewed in the Log Tab of the Booking Details.
- To print or email a folio, go the links located at the top, right of the folio: print folio, email folio, folio to excel. To add a logo to the print or email folio, see
The two column reporting for payments and charges in Folios allows you to view the totals separately. This is helpful when balancing the folio.
Charges and Payments: The two column format allows you to see each charge or payment as a line item with a corresponding $ amount in the Charges or Payments columns. The total of each column is shown at the end with the Cusomter balance shown at the end of the Folio. A positive balance indicates an $ amount due. A negative balance indicates a credit balance due to a prepayment or deposit.
Modify and Delete Icons: Click on each icon to either modify or delete the transaction.
- Transfer Checked Items:
Charges and Payments
Charges can be applied to the Folio in three ways:
- Night Audit - Charge Folios: The Room Rent is automatically charged per night during Night Audit. See Night Audit Procedures
- Front Desk - Quick Charge: See Quick Charge
- Add Charge: Charges added by the User in the Folio within the Booking Details. See Add Charge
Payments can be applied to the Folio in two ways:
- Online Booking: Automatically posted with an online booking.
- Add Payment: Payments added by the User in the Folio within the Booking Details. See Add Payments and Deposits and Credit Card Refunds
The second row in the Booking Header with the financial information is continually updated by Folio transactions, except for the Projected Income. The other three fields (shown in blue): Projected income+ Charges, Projected Balance and Folio Balance reflect the actual Folio balance as charges and payments are applied. See Booking Header.
- Projected Inc – The Projected Income of the booking total Room Rent cost plus taxes.
- Projected Inc + Charges – This is the total of Projected Income plus any charges in the folios of the booking.
- Projected Bal – This balance of the Projected Income + Charges minus any payments made.
- Folio Balance – This is the current balance of the guest folio after any charges and/or payments have been made. Deposits will show as a negative amount since Room Rent is not charged until the guest stay. See Add Deposits
Credit Card Payments made to the folio function are recorded in the folio and the transactions are managed in the Manage Credit Cards. The credit card payments applied to the Folio will only be processed If you are set up with Payment Processing through our MyCard system. If you ARE NOT signed up for automatic payment processing, then the credit card payments entered will ONLY be recorded, but NOT processed. Users of MyCard payment gateway processing, see MyCard for details on processing Authorizations and settling credit cards.