There are several ways to check-in a guest. The method you choose depends on your preference and whether you are taking a credit card or not.
To begin the check in process, you must first locate the guest. Use one of these methods.
- Swipe Credit Card: Swipe the Guest credit card in the “Active Search” field. This will bring up the guest associated with that credit card and capture the credit card swipe data. From here, just press the check-in button and the check in process is complete.
- Use Quick Search: You can also enter a room number, partial name or full but misspelled name in the Active Search box. This will also pull up the appropriate booking. Though with this method you will have to edit the credit card data and swipe the credit card in the credit card field. See Quick Search
- Select from Arrivals in the Quick List: Choose the guest from the drop down list of arriving guests. See Arrivals, In house, Departures
- “Advanced Search” for the booking – it may be for another date. See Search Bookings
- Tape Chart: Locate the booking from the Tape Chart. See Tape Chart Management
To check in the Guest, follow these steps:
- Locate the booking in Quick Search - Arrivals, Tape Chart or in Search Bookings. (As described above)
- When the Booking opens, go to the Booking Data Tab or Folio Tab in the Bookings Details of the Guest.
- if you need to take a payment at time of check-in, go to the Folio Tab and Add Payment or process an Authorization.
- Click on the Check in Button at the bottom of the booking.
- A new window will open with the booking confirmation.
- IF you are using MyCard Payment Gateway Processing to process credit cards automatically, you can also check in a Guest by do the following:
Swipe the Guest credit card in the "Active Search" field. This will bring up the guest associated with that credit card and capture the credit card swipe data. From here, just press the check-in button and the check in process is complete. See MyCard