To add or modify your taxes, go to SETUP | SETTINGS | TAX CONFIGURATION.
Additional taxes can also be added and applied to Room Rent and/or applied to inventory items. This is useful for flat fees or sales tax on inventory items. See instructions below.
To change the name of your taxes, go to Custom System Labeling.
- Click Add Tax
- Add a unique Tax ID followed by a brief description.
- Choose a flat rate or a percentage rate.
- Enter the rate as a number. For example, enter 15 if you have a 15% tax rate
- Select whether this tax will be applied on top of other taxes.
- Choose yes or no for the Nonrecurring Tax. This is used if the tax is applied each day of the stay or only on the total.
- If you want this tax to automatically calculate on the Room Rent. Go to SETUP | PARAMETERS | INVENTORY ITEMS. Choose Room Rent and click on the Item ID to open it. Click Edit and go to bottom of page. Click apply tax.
Modify your current Tax Settings
To change the Tax Settings, click Edit and this screen will appear. Make any changes and click Save. To change the Tax Rate, go to the next step.
|Primary Currency||Apply Taxes to Deposits|
|Use Occupancy Tax||Use County Tax|
|Occupancy Tax Rate||19||County Tax Rate||0|
|Prices include Occupancy Tax||Prices include County Tax|
|GDS Occupancy Tax Mapping||GDS County Tax Mapping|
- Primary Currency: Choose the currency you will use in your daily operations. This will be used in MyPMS and on guest bookings.
- Apply Tax to Deposits: This is applicable only on the Booking Engine (Not through GDS or OTA connections). To calculate taxes on deposits taken for online bookings on your website, choose "Yes".
- Tax Settings for Primary and Secondary Taxes: Note, If you do not have Secondary Tax, then choose
- Use [Tax Name] Tax: Do you want to use this tax? Choose "Yes or No". To enable this tax to automatically calculate on room rent for guest bookings and folio charges, choose "Yes".
- [Tax Name] Tax Rate: The tax rate is displayed as a number representing the percentage, i.e.. 19 is a 19% tax rate. To edit the tax rate, go to the next step
- Prices include [Tax Name] Tax: Do you want the Room Rates to include Tax? Choose "Yes or No". To itemized your Room Rent and Taxes and have Rates appear without tax included, choose "No".
- GDS [Tax Name] Tax Mapping: (GDS) If you are connected to GDS channels, then choose the name of the tax you want displayed.The GDS requires specific tax labels. Please choose the one that most closely resembles what you charge your tax for.. The label for taxes that you use for your website will not change and will display as entered in the primary and secondary taxes.
Modify your current Tax Rate
- Click on the button "Change [Tax Name] Tax Rate".
- This screen will appear. Enter the new tax rate and leave "Update Inventory Items" checked. This updates your manual Rent Rent Charge in Inventory items. Click Change.
|Old Occupancy Tax Rate:||19.00|
|New Occupancy Tax Rate:||(Supports Only 2 Decimal Places)|
|Update Inventory Items|