How to use Merge Fields: To create or edit any letter, go to Setup | Parameters | Letters. See Add Letters and, Customize and Edit Letters. To set up Automated Emails, see Auto Letters Setup. To start using Merge Fields:
- Open Letter: choose the Letter you want to edit by clicking on the Letter I.D. The Letter will open in an Editor
- Editor Toolbar: The toolbar at the top has many features you can use to customize your Letter including Merge fields used to place booking, financial and guest information from your records and transactions.
- BookingCenter "globe" icon: To see a list of merge fields, click on the the in the top left corner of the editor.
To insert the value of the merge field you want, place your cursor at the location in Letter you want it to appear. Then, click on the desired value from the merge fields list
To change or edit your Merge fields in the Letter, highlight the field and click on the BookingCenter "globe" icon in the top-left of the editor. Choose the new field from the drop down menu and it will replace the highlighted field.
Merge Fields available for Group Letters. See below for details on each field.
- Today's Date - Inserts the date of the current day.
- Hotel Details - Inserts Hotel details: Entered in SETUP|SETTINGS|SITE DETAILS. See Site Details
- Guest Booking Data - Inserts the data entered in group Booking Information Section of the Booking Data. See See Booking Details
- Group Booking Details - Inserts details entered in the Booking Information for the group and the contact person. See Group Booking Details
Marketing and Policies - Inserts information from Marketing and Policies. SETUP|SETTINGS|MARKETING AND POLICIES See Marketing and Policies
Financials - Inserts financial information from the Payment Information and Folio of Booking Data. For more details, see Letters: Merge Fields - Financials See Group Booking Details- Folio
The tables below lists all current variables that may be used in creating letter templates. Click on each title to see Merge Field details
Example of Merge Fields in Letter
Hotel 800 Phone
|Hotel Main Phone||%%hotel-main-phone%%|
Example of Merge Fields in Letter
Guest Booking Data
|Full Name|| |
|Name on Credit Card||%%name-on-credit-card%%|
|Credit Card Number||%%credit-card-number%%|
Group Booking Details
|Rooming List (terse)||%%room-list%%|
|Rooming List (verbose)||%%room-list-verbose%%|
|Group List Count|| %%group_count%%|
Marketing and Policies
|Thank you Message||%%thank-you-message%%|
|Project Income & Charges||%%projected_income_charges%%|
|Projected Accommodation Cost||%%projected-accommodation-cost%%|
|Projected Accommodation Tax||%%projected-accommodation-tax%%|
|Balance due upon arrival||%%balance-due%%|
|Folio Charges Total||%%folio-charge-total%%|
|Folio Payments Total||%%total-payments%%|
|Display all Folio Items||%%write-folio%%|
|Tax 1 Rate % (Primary)||%%main-tax%%|
|Tax 2 Rate % (Secondary)||%%main-tax2%%|
|Tax 1 Total||%%tax1-total%%|
|Tax 2 Total||%%tax2-total%%|
|Sum of all additional Taxes||%%additional-tax-total%%|
Group Booking Engine
|Group Booking Engine|| |
- If you insert a merge field that involves payment in the Folio, the field will appear blank if there aren't any transactions in the Folio yet.
- A common request from customers is for Charges, Rents, and Payments to be seen on a confirmation. If your business policy is to place the RENT charges on the folio at time of booking, then 'Display All Folio Items' will be the right choice.
- However, if you pre-book some Charges, such as a spa or transportation charge, but let Night Audit post the RENT charges (most common), and you wish for a Guest to get a clear indication of what has been charged and will be charged, then use the 'Display All Folio Items' for the Charges posted and, in another section of your Letter, the 'Daily Rate Grid' so that 'current' charges on a folio are on one portion of the letter, and the 'projected' Rate Grid is on another portion of the letter. This allows the Guest to see what will be charged, assuming dates and rates don't change.