Go to SETUP | SETTINGS |BOOKING ENGINE SETTINGS ro set up features and functions for your website and change the system labeling.
Booking Engine Settings affect how your rooms display and what information required from guests. Although most of these are primarily for your website, there are a couple of settings that do effect the Front Desk and GDS Bookings. These fields are labeled with (Front desk) and (GDS). If you are using buuteeq as your interface, then much of this information is controlled in your buuteeq interface.
When you click on Booking Engine Settings, the screen will appear with the default settings shown below which are available to enable certain features on your Booking Engine. To edit these Settings, click Edit at the lower right of the screen. See image below.
For details on each section and how to Edit the information, see the links below.
To see the details of each section, click on the title and a list will expand:
- Don't ask for Dietary Information – if you serve meals and need to know preferences, choose ASK..
- Don't ask for Special Needs Information – if you want guests to indicate special needs choose ASK..
- Phone number Mandatory – if you require a phone number with every booking, choose YES.
- Address Mandatory - if you require an address with every booking, choose YES.
- Use Sources – if you want to turn on the ability for guest to select where they heard about your property, choose YES. (Setup Sources)
- Source mandatory – if you want to make it a requirement that the guest selects where they heard about your property, choose YES.
- Show Room Type Calendars – if you tick this box, a menu appears below the calendar so that guests can see availability for specific Room Types. Useful for properties with many room types, or properties where each room type is a unique room such as a Vacation Rental or a B&B with theme rooms.
- Number of Guests: Don't prompt for number of guests on enquiry page – Every Room Type has a Maximum Capacity. If you prompt for 'the number of guests' on the enquiry page, then results will be limited to Room Types with capacity to match the number of guests. In fact, guests often book several rooms; if you limit the available options to rooms that match the group capacity then you may miss out on bookings. For example, 4 people may prefer to book 2 Double Rooms (max capacity 2) rather than a Family Room (max capacity 4).
- Show Guest Types – This flag determines if the booking engine exposes Guest Types during the booking process.
- Use Promo Codes: This must be set to yes to enable the use of Promo codes set up in MyAgents.
- Room Assignment - This flag determines if online bookings will automatically be assigned a room number when they are made If checked online bookings will come in with type assignment but not room assignment. (GDS)
- Allow non Continuous Bookings – This flag tells the booking engine if it should check to make sure a single room is available continuously during the queried method. This flag is unchecked by default as most guests do not wish to change rooms during their stay. When unchecked the booking engine will only show results when there is a room continuously available for the length of stay, on all queries five days and shorter in length.
- Do not use Multi Lingual Engine – Tick this box if you want to turn off the multi-lingual functionality of the booking engine. See Multi-Lingual Booking Engine
- Round Bookings to Whole Number – tick this box to round bookings
- System Theme Color - Changes the background colors of the Enquiry screens used by guests to make bookings. Select from the picker or place in your HEX values.
- Maximum Book Ahead days - Place a value in this box to allow guest to book x number of days in the future – note, this does not affect GDS and Global Booking Network sites, they can always book 365 days in advance, so place rates for at least these many days if distributing to them.
- Email notification of web site bookings Remember every new booking will debit availability for future bookings. In addition, the system can send the property notification of bookings by e-mail or SMS. You also have the option to send an automated booking confirmation to the guest.
- Email booking confirmation to guests
- Advertise rates tax exempt - if your property is tax exempt tick this box.
- Display room capacity and number of beds on results page – displays under each available room on the results screen - helpful information.
- Number of Rooms Available – on the results screen, there is a column that will display the number of available rooms for ach room type. Some properties want to prefer to hide this information.
- Display Room Type Thumbnails – Displays a small thumbnail image of the room type on the results page. (Front Desk)
- Display Restricted Rates – if you wish to show restricted rates with an explanation of the restriction – such as a minimum stay or maximum stay – then select this. If not checked, then only bookable rates will show on your Booking Engine requests. It is recommended to always have this option turned on so the guest receives a message like: This rate plan requires a two night minimum to book. (Front Desk)
- Show Rate descriptions – This displays the rate description in addition to the rate value. Example: Spa Package rate : $220.00 per night.
- Rooms to Display – Defines maximum number of types to display on results page. 0 = unlimited.
SMS Active – Tick this box if you want to activate SMS. This will send a special message to the operator. There is a set-up fee, monthly fees and a per message fee to receive SMS booking confirmations. Please ring +1-707-847-3922 ext.201 for a quote.
Items are displayed for sale during the booking. For example, you may want to sell tours and services with a booking. Items will allow you to upload pictures and descriptions for Items.
There are no commissions on the value of Item sales. If you do not use this feature ignore the box titled Online Items Header. If you do use this feature, enter the Header that will display above your Inventory Items.
Example for Cape Schanck Lightstation - http://requests.bookingcenter.com/enquiry.phtml?site=SHANCK
Custom System Labels are the terms used to describe your Room, Guest and Tax categories in your PMS. The labels entered here will be visible in your PMS system and to your customers when making an online booking, and can be edited at any time in your PMS. These labels can be edited in SETUP | SETTINGS | BOOKING ENGINE SETTINGS. See Booking Engine Settings
You can change the labels to fit your property needs. For example, you may want to label your Room Types Suites, Cabins, Camp sites, Beds, etc. To learn more about how to edit your system label, See Custom System Labeling
Click on images to enlarge.