Images appear on your website and GDS and OTA sites with the Packages you have created. Each image category is allowed one image so be sure that you have the best photos available for this function. The size of the image is very important and must meet size requirements. Before you upload any images, please prepare your images according to these guidelines.
Prepare your images
- Image style: You can use any image and, In some cases, properties elect to make a collage of images. Collages can be used on your website. However, collage images are NOT allowed on GDS and OTA sites. Images straight out of a digital camera are not optimized for the Internet – they are very high resolution for printing. The average image size should be between 15 and 50k.
- Image file format: Image files must be in .jpg format.
- Size requirements: Images must adhere to the minimum and maximum pixel size, noted next to each image, or they will not properly display properly. All of the main images must be 300 x 300 min and 480 x 480 max . Use an image editor to resize your image, save as a .jpg. Tip: making all images the same size will insure best viewing. All thumbnails need to conform to 100 x 100 min and 200 x 200 max.
To add an image:
- Step 1: Find the name of Image in the List.
- Step 2: Click on the Browse button and a new window will open with your desktop file folders. Locate the image and double click or click open in the window.
- Step 3: The image name will appear next to the Browse button if it uploaded correctly. Then, click Submit.
- Step 4: A message will appear asking to confirm the upload. Click Yes.
- Step 5: The image will appear in the list under the Image name. Above the image a message will appear stating whether image meets or does not meet required size dimensions. If it does not meet the required dimensions, then edit the image size and upload again. Click to enlarge these examples.
To edit or change an image
- Click Delete to delete the current image and then repeat the steps above.
See screenshots of each step below. Click on each image to enlarge.