The Tax Exempt Report displays bookings that have been set to "Tax Exempt" in the Booking Data of the booking. See Booking Data
This is a manual setting that prevents tax from being automatically added to the folio when Room Rent is charged to the folio during Night Audit. The booking must be set to "Tax Exempt" before night audit in order to prevent the tax from being automatically added to the folio. Again, if this setting is checked, then ONLY Room Rent will be charged to the folio and NOT Room Tax.
Note that this report is based on creation date of the booking, not the Arrival and Departure dates.
The report displays guest and booking information, folio balance and payments, the tax amount that would have been charged and the total room rent of the booking without tax. See descriptions below.
To run a Tax Exempt Report:
- Go to REPORTS | MANAGERS | TAX EXEMPT REPORT
- Click on TAX EXEMPT REPORT
- Choose Date: Choose a single . This date also determines the Month to date and Year to date data. I.e. choosing Dec. 31 would display the entire year in the Year to date column.
- Choose the report format: HTML, Excel or Text.
- Click Generate Report
The Tax Exemdisplays the following information:
- First column: This column is titled with the sort term you chose. I.e. if you choose Source, the first column will be title Source. If you choose Room Type, the first column will be titled Room Type.
- Room Nights: Total number of nights in all bookings.by the sort term chosen.
- Bookings: Total Bookings made by sort term: CONFIRMED, UNCONFIRMED, CANCELLED, COMPLETE
- Avg Nights: The average nights of the total bookings made.
- ADR: Average daily rate of the total bookings made by the sort term. % of Rate Revenue from the rates saved with the bookings - NOT the actual RENT posted to the folios.
- Room Revenue: Total Room Revenue from booking NOT including taxes. This displays totals from the rates originally saved with the bookings - not any charges (such as RENT) posted to the folio(s)
- % Room Revenue: % of total room revenue by the sort term chosen. Total Room Revenue from bookings NOT including taxes. This displays totals from the rates originally saved with the bookings - not any charges (such as RENT) posted to the folio(s)..