Managing Restrictions for Child Rates
All changes to Child Rate Plan Restrictions are made in SETUP | RATE | MANAGE RATES after a Child Rate Plan is created.
Each Rate Plan is assigned it's own Restrictions and can be adjusted for one Rate Plan or for multiple Rate Plans at the same time.
- If you choose one Rate Plan, then the restrictions will change for only the rate plan selected.
- If you choose multiple Rate Plans, then the restrictions will change for all of the rates selected.
Depending on the changes you need to make, there are two options for changing Child Rate Plan restrictions. See instructions on how to use each option below.
- Single Rate Restrictions Change restrictions for a Single Rate Plan, unless selected for a multiple rate change.
- Multiple Rate Restrictions: Change restrictions for multiple Rate Plans at the same time.
There are four settings for Child Rate Restrictions:
- MIN LOS (Minimum Length of Stay): Requires a minimum stay for any booking arriving on the date chosen. I.e. 2 night MIN LOS on a Friday would require any booking made with an arrival date of Friday to stay 2 nights.
- MAX LOS (Maximum Length of Stay): Requires a maximum stay for any booking arriving on the date chosen. I.e. 4 night MAX LOS on a Sunday would require any booking made with an arrival date of Sunday to limit the stay to 4 nights.
- Arrivals: CTA (Closed to Arrival). If this box is checked, then the rate plan will be unavailable for bookings with this arrival date. I.e. Saturday is checked. A guest making a booking will not be able to choose Saturday as an arrival date.
- Closed : (Closed to BookingsAvailability): If this box is checked, then the rate plan will be completely closed for making bookings. I.e. if Sunday is checked, then a guest will not be able to make a booking on this date.to availability. This means that a booking can't be made to arrive or stayover on this date. Use this setting to completely close out availability for a date or date range.
Please note the difference between using "Arrivals" and "Closed".
- "Arrivals" effectively closes the Rate Plan and makes any Room Type it is assigned to unavailable to arrival on your the channel the Rate Plan is allocated to I.e. website, GDS and Front desk.
- "Closed" makes any Room Type it is assigned to unavailable for bookings on your for arrival and/or stay-overs, meaning availability is completely closed on the channel the Rate Plan is allocated to I.e. website, GDS and Front desk.