Using Manage Restrictions
Each Rate Plan is assigned it's own Restrictions and can be adjusted for one Rate Plan or for multiple Rate Plans at the same time. If you choose one Rate Plan, then the restrictions will change for only the rate plan selected. If you choose multiple Rate Plans, then the restrictions will change for all of the rates selected.
Depending on the changes you need to make, use one of the these methods to change the Rate Plan restrictions. Read below for an overview of Manage Restrictions.
- Single Rate Restrictions: Change restrictions for a Single Rate Plan, unless selected for a multiple rate change.
- Multiple Rate Restrictions: Change restrictions for multiple Rate Plans at the same time
- Child Rate Plan Restrictions: Child Rate Plans can have unique restrictions, which means the restrictions can be different from the Parent Rate that it is linked to.
Note: To change the restrictions for Child Rate Plans, the "Manage Restrictions" box must be checked. If this box is not checked, then the Child Rates will not appear in the drop-down list.
There are four Rate Restriction settings:
- MIN LOS (Minimum Length of Stay): Requires a minimum stay for any booking arriving on the date chosen. I.e. 2 night MIN LOS on a Friday would require any booking made with an arrival date of Friday to stay 2 nights.
- MAX LOS (Maximum Length of Stay): Requires a maximum stay for any booking arriving on the date chosen. I.e. 4 night MAX LOS on a Sunday would require any booking made with an arrival date of Sunday to limit the stay to 4 nights.
- Arrivals: CTA (Closed to Arrival). If this box is checked, then the rate plan will be unavailable for bookings with this arrival date. I.e. Saturday is checked. A guest making a booking will not be able to choose Saturday as an arrival date.
- Closed (Closed to BookingsAvailability): If this box is checked, then the rate plan will be completely closed for making bookings. I.e. if Sunday is checked, then a guest will not be able to make a booking on this date.to availability. This means that a booking can't be made to arrive or stayover on this date. Use this setting to completely close out availability for a date or date range.
Please note the difference between using "Arrivals" and "Closed".
- "Arrivals" effectively closes the Rate Plan and makes any Room Type it is assigned to unavailable to arrival on your the channel the Rate Plan is allocated to I.e. website, GDS and Front desk.
- "Closed" makes any Room Type it is assigned to unavailable for bookings on your for arrival and/or stay-overs, meaning availability is completely closed on the channel the Rate Plan is allocated to I.e. website, GDS and Front desk.
Learn more about Rate Restrictions
Selecting Rate Plan and Date Range
- Choosing a Rate Plan: From the drop-down menu, choose the Rate Plan that you want to manage. You can choose one or multiple rate plans at the same time.
- If you choose one Rate Plan, then the restrictions will change for only the rate plan selected.
- If you choose multiple Rate Plans, then the restrictions will change for all of the rates selected.
- if you want to change restrictions for another Rate Plan using the same date range selected, then just go to the "Select Rate" drop-down menu, select another rate and click "Display Rates". The screen will change to display the selected Rate Plan.
- If you enter a Group Name in the Rate Plan, then the rates in that group will display together with a header.
- Choosing a Date Range: Choosing the correct date range is a very important part of managing rates.You can select any date range from one day, weekend, week or month to several years in the future.
- Changing rates is done in a seven day calendar view starting on the day of week corresponding to the "Begin on" calendar date chosen. For example, if you choose Oct. 1 - Oct. 30 and Oct. 1 lands on a Saturday, then the first day of the week displayed is Saturday.
- Although the date range selected is one month, the calendar will always display a seven day weekly view. This means that when you change a rate on the Friday night, it will change the rates for ALL Fridays from Oct. 1-Oct.30.
- The rate changes you make will apply to ALL rates in the selected date range. If you are changing rates for a long date range like two years, then remember that it will over ride any short term changes made to specific time periods within the date range. For example, there are special rates entered for 4th of July weekend. The date range selected is through Dec. 2018. Any changes made through Dec. 2018 would override the the special rates and you will need to go the 4th of July weekend to reenter the rates.
Using "Save" and "Fill"
- "Save" : Use this feature to save only the specific items you are changing. When this box is checked the data in that lined will be saved.
- "Fill": This is a useful feature to make changes across the week. Clicking the 'Fill' box will automatically fill the entire row with the amount entered in the first entry. This can be a real time saver!