BookingCenter's Self Check-in System gives you three options for integrating Digital Signatures into the Self Check-in process. You can simply just request a Digital Signature from the guest or make it required before the guest can Check-in.
The process is fully integrated with MyPMS with synchronized status updates, customized messaging, and optional SMS Messaging (subscription required). To learn more about how to setup, see eSign - Digital Document Signing
The Self Check-in process is designed to only allow the guest to start and complete Self Check-in ON the Check-in Date.based on the criteria set in the system and the booking itself. What this means is that the Guest will only see the Check-in button and be allowed to complete the process if all criteria has been met, similar to the check-in process in MyPMS. If the Booking Criteria has not been met, then the a message will display telling the guest what action to take I.e. Add Payment Method or Signature Required.
When using esign with the Self Check-in process you can require a signature before the Guest checks-in on the arrival date. Therefore, If the Guest clicks on the Self Check-in link BEFORE the Check-in date, then the Guest will be able to Manage the Booking ie. update payment method, but the Check-in button will not display. For the detailed information on MyBooking, see Self Check-in | MyBooking
"eSign Digital SignatureLetter" Settings
You can choose how to integrate the eSign Digital Document Signing into the Self Check-in process by using the following settings. These settings allow you to automatically send a just a request for digital signature and/or it can become a requirement for Self Check-in.
Use these "esign" settings to control how the esign communication process functions with Self Check-in. There are four settings to choose from:
- None: Use this setting to completely disable eSign from the Self Check-in process. What this means is that the guest will not receive an email and/or SMS request to sign a digital document.
- Request Letter(s): Use this setting to to request a Digital Signature, but NOT REQUIRE a Digital Signature to Check-in. Using this setting will send an "eSign Request" email and/or SMS to the Guest at the Start of the Self Check-in process. This request is in addition to the "Start Self Check-in" email and/or SMS that is sent to start the Self Check-in process.
- Required MyBookings and Letter(s): Use this setting to REQUIRE a Digital Signature before the guest can check-in AND to send the eSign Request email and/or SMS as described in the Request Letter setting. Using this setting will send an "eSign Request" email and/or SMS to the Guest at the Start of the Self Check-in process, but WILL require a Digital Signature before the guest can complete Self Check-in.
- Required MyBookings no Letter(s): Use this setting to REQUIRE a Digital Signaturebefore the guest can check-in, but NOT SEND the eSign Request email and/or SMS as described in the Request Letter setting. Using this setting will NOT SEND an "eSign Request" email and/or SMS to the Guest at the Start of the Self Check-in process, but WILL require a Digital Signature before the guest can complete Self Check-in.
"eSign Letter; Suppress Rates": This eSign Letter specifically used for Suppressed Rate Agents at Self Check-in. This Letter can be customized to your needs, I.e. no rates or charges displayed and will automatically open for the guest to sign in place of the Default eSign Letter.
- Require Incidental Credit Cards for Suppressed Rate Self Check ins: This new feature allows you to force guests to enter a credit card for incidentals at Self Check-in if they have booked through a Suppressed Rates Agent. This setting is located in General Settings
To change these settings, go to General Settings