To to see your Inventory images or to add or edit images, go to SETUP | FEATURES AND IMAGES | INVENTORY IMAGES.. The Inventory Item images uploaded here are displayed on the BookingCenter Booking Engine Templates under "Add ons", if you are selling Inventory Items on your Booking Engine. Each image category is allowed one image so be sure that you have the best
photo available for this function. The size of the image is very important and must meet size requirements. Before you upload any images, please prepare your images according to these guidelines.
:BookingCenter image upload requirements.
- Only image files (.jpg, .gif, .png) are allowed
- Image Size: Min: 600 x 300. Any file over 1080 x 1080 will be automatically resized.
- A thumbnail image will be automatically generated for each image uploaded.
Prepare your images
- Image style: You can use any image and, In some cases, properties elect to make a collage of images. Collages can be used on your website. However, collage images are NOT allowed on GDS and OTA sites. Images straight out of a digital camera are not optimized for the Internet – they are very high resolution for printing. The average image size should be between 15 and 50k.
- Image file format: Image files must be in .jpg format.
- Size requirements: Images must adhere to the minimum and maximum pixel size, noted next to each image, or they will not properly display properly. All of the main images must be 300 x 300 min and 480 x 480 max . Use an image editor to resize your image, save as a .jpg. Tip: making all images the same size will insure best viewing. All thumbnails need to conform to 100 x 100 min and 200 x 200 max.
BookingCenter Booking Engines and ADA Compliance
All BookingCenter Booking Engine Templates are designed with the necessary elements to meet WCAG Guidelines including "Alternative Text" also known as the "ALT Tag" for Images. We have provided an "ALT Text "field for each Inventory Item Image in MyPMS, but the descriptive text must be entered by you in the "ALT Text" field for each Inventory Item Image. This means that every Inventory Item image on your Booking Engine should have descriptive "Alt Text" entered in MyPMS to ensure that your Booking Engine complies with ADA and WCAG standards. See Booking Engine | ADA Compliance
*IMPORTANT ADA Compliance: We have provided an "ALT Text "field for each Inventory Item Image in MyPMS, but the descriptive text must be entered by you in the "Image Description ALT Tag" Field. See below for step-by-step instructions.
|title||Features and Images Tab|
|root||Features and Images Tab|
To add an image:
- Step 1: Find the name of Image in the List.
- Step 2: Click on the Browse button and a new window will open with your desktop file folders. Locate the image and double click or click open in the window.
- Step 3: The image name will appear next to the Browse button if it uploaded correctly. Then, click Submit.
- Step 4: A message will appear asking to confirm the upload. Click Yes.
- Step 5: The image will appear in the list under the Image name. Above the image a message will appear stating whether image meets or does not meet required size dimensions. If it does not meet the required dimensions, then edit the image size and upload again. Click to enlarge these examples.
To edit or change an image
- Click Delete to delete the current image and then repeat the steps above.
See screenshots of each step below. Click on each image to enlarge.
To Add or Edit Inventory Item Images: Go to SETUP | FEATURES AND IMAGES | INVENTORY ITEM IMAGES
First, select the Inventory Item and click Load. The Inventory Item Image list will display with a list of images uploaded for the the Inventory Item. If there are no images uploaded yet, then the list will be blank. Then, follow the step-by-step instructions below. See screenshots of each step below.
To "Add" or Edit Inventory Item Images, follow these steps:
Once you have selected and loaded a Inventory Item, the Inventory Item Image List will display.
- To add a new image, click on "Add Image".
- To Edit or Replace an Image: Click on the Image Title
Each Image will need the following information entered.
- Image Title. Enter a clear title. Ex: Bouquet of Flowers. Remember, search engines to display images based on written descriptions and will display search results more accurately with clean, descriptive text.
- Image Description (ALT Tag) : Enter a description of the image. For example: Bouquet of Flowers sitting on a table.
- Sort Order: The sort order determines the order in which the Slideshow displays the images. The Inventory Item Thumbnail that displays on the "Select Room" page on the Booking Engine must be set at "Sort Order=1". A "Sort Order=1" also defines image you want to see on your 'legacy' Booking Engine (used for the TripAdvisor 'Book Direct' feature) as the 'legacy' Booking Engine show only one image per Type, Item, and Package.
Find the name of the Inventory Item in the List and click "Load"
To add a new image, click "Add Image"
To Edit an image, click on the Image Title