Expedia Direct Connection Activation Steps
If you already have enrolled with Expedia and set up youraccount setup, you are ready to start the connection process to your BookingCenter software.
If you need to enroll with Expedia Partner Central, go to Expedia | New Account Setup
Find answers to questions on managing rates, availability and more on your BookingCenter PMS at Expedia Direct Connection FAQ | Bookings, Availability, Rates
For help with Expedia Partner Central, go to Expedia Partner Central Help
STEP 1: Please complete these items with your Expedia Market Manager (to be completed by property)
- Be sure that all rates on all your rooms should be set to "Occupancy Based", NOT "Pricing per day".
- Review the Room Type descriptions set up the in the Expedia Extranet. The descriptions can be different in the Expedia Extranet than they are in BookingCenter since we will map by Room Type ID. We will just need to know which matches to the MyPMS Room Type ID if the descriptions are different.
- There are several Expedia Programs to participate in and that BookingCenter supports. What you select will be communicated to BookingCenter directly by Expedia. See Expedia programs.
- There are two options for price structure:
Sell Rate- You will sell your rooms to Expedia at your Standard Rate. There is no negative Net Loading on your rate. Instead, you will enter a contract with Expedia that will define the percentage of commission you will pay Expedia after the reservation has been checked-out.
Net Rate- This is also referred to as Expedia’s Merchant Model. (If you want to sell on Travelocity, you have to participate on this program.) You will sell your rooms “wholesale” to Expedia by negatively net loading your Standard Rate. This is done in your MyPMS Agent Relationships. You will need to discount your room approximately 20-25% (-20 or -25 in the Net Loading column). Expedia will not charge you a commission in the rear of the reservation. Instead they will sell your room for what they can get and keep the difference.
- Promotional Programs: We recommend that you begin first with the standard programs with Expedia: ‘Expedia QuickConnect Room ’ or ‘Expedia Hotel Collect Room ’ until you have experience managing the Expedia agent, and then add additional programs when/if needed
NOTE: If you are already 'live' in Expedia, it is VERY important that you continue to manage the Expedia Partner Central manually until you hear that the BookingCenter interface has been 'certified' by Expedia. A closing message will be updated to your Support Ticket to denote the time when the interface is completed. At that time, the rate and availability will come from BookingCenter. However, until you hear from us, Expedia will be pulling rates and availability from the Expedia Partner Central. These reservations will not automatically download into your BookingCenter software.
STEP 2: Establish an Expedia Quick Connection (EQC) Connection (to be completed by property)
Once you have finished setup steps, you need to establish BookingCenter as your system provider.
- Go to Expedia | EQC Connection forstep-by step instructions on how to choose BookingCenter as your Expedia Quick Connect System Provider.
- After this is submitted BookingCenter will receive notification and complete the mapping in
STEP 3: Complete Mapping and Activation (to be completed by BookingCenter)
- BookingCenter will create a new Agent Channel according to the Expedia program in which you are enrolled: Agent EXPDIRHC=Expedia Hotel Connect and EXPDIRHC= Expedia Collect. These agents and the Room Type/Rate allocated will appear in Agent Relationships.See MyPMS Agent Allocations
- We will complete mapping to the Expedia Agent in MyPMS based on the Room Types and Rates mapped in your Expedia Partner Central. Please be sure that these are correct in your Expedia Partner Central.
- Once mapping is complete, BookingCenter will update your rates and availability and your connection will be active.
- You will receive email notification that the connection has been activated. Please check your Extranet for any discrepancies with room types, rates or availability.