Each Individual and Group booking has a Folio Tab in the Booking Details. To manage the folio of a Guest Booking, locate the booking and then click on the Folio Tab in the Booking Details.
The Folio is a powerful and flexible tool for applying charges and payments to a Guest bill. All Charges and Payments will appear in the Guest's Primary Folio and stayed attached to the Guest Booking.
The functions available in the Folio allow you to create additional folios, transfer items between folios and email or print folios. These can be used as a Guest Receipt or you can create a customized Receipt Letter. See Letters.
Please take a moment to review these important Folio Functions.
- Room Rent Charges automatically charge to Guest Folios during Night Audit.
- A Folio must be balanced in order to check out a Guest.
- Additional Folios can be created in the same Guest Booking
- Charges and Payments can be transferred between Folios.
- Total Payments and Charges are shown in the Booking Header information.
- The transactions shown in the Folio can also be viewed in the Transactions Report
- Folio history can be viewed in the Log Tab of the Booking Details.
- To print or email a folio, go the links located at the top, right of the folio: print folio, email folio, folio to excel. To add a logo to the print or email folio, see
The two column reporting for payments and charges in Folios allows you to view the totals separately. This is helpful when balancing the folio.
Charges and Payments: The two column format allows you to see each charge or payment as a line item with a corresponding $ amount in the Charges or Payments columns. The total of each column is shown at the end with the Cusomter balance shown at the end of the Folio. A positive balance indicates an $ amount due. A negative balance indicates a credit balance due to a prepayment or deposit.
Modify and Delete Icons: Click on each icon to either modify or delete the transaction.
- Transfer Checked Items: