The BookingCenter Booking Engine can be used to deliver selected Rates and Availability to a guest, agent, group, etc. by creating unique URL or link. When this URL is opened, it will display your Booking Engine with the selected allocation of rates and availability. For example, if you only want to make the KING Room Type available to a particular guest, agent, group, etc. You would insert the Room Type ID in the URL as follows: https://book.bookingcenter.com/02/?site=MYPMSDO&room_type=KING
There are several unique parameters that can be used in the URL string to deliver specific rates and availability as follows:
- Promo Code: Promo codes are used to access a "channel" with a unique set of room types and rates. Use Promo codes for specials, discounts, negotiated rates, etc. I.e. RETURN
- Agent: Create an Agent and set up a "channel" with a unique set of room types and rates only available to that agent.
- Room Type: Insert a Room Type ID into the URL and availability will only display for the selected Room Type.
- Source: Used to track bookings by a specific Source. Adding this parameter to the URL will automatically import the selected Source with the Booking.
- Guest Type: Used to track bookings by a specific Guest Type. Adding this parameter to the URL will automatically import the selected Guest Type with the Booking.
To learn how to insert these parameters into the Custom URL, see below.
NOTE: If you need greater control than what is offered in the examples above, please see our interface APIs that enable even greater control of the Booking process so you can make your own Booking Engine process. An especially common request is the ability to retrieve a calendar view of availability, and even the lowest rate available on a day, so that you can display it for your entire property or for a specific Room Type. See our interface APIs and note the one themessage: "OTA_ HotelAvailCalendarRQ/RS -" message to retrieve and format this data as you wish.
To use the Quick Reservation Feature for "Discount/Agent", "Source", "Room Type", and "Guest Type" tracking, see Booking Engine | Quick Reservation