Guest Types are used to track types of Guests for Reporting and Marketing purposes.Guest Types do not affect pricing, availability or commissions.
Once entered, Guest Types are viewed and chosen in the Guest Types drop-down menu in the Booking Details, see Booking Information.
Guest Types can also be used as a sort criteria to create Reports, see Reports. Or, to create guest marketing lists, see Search Bookings. Common Examples of Guest Types: RETURN for Return Guests, TOUR for Tour Groups, CORP for Corporate, etc.
Use Guest Types to make identifying Guests easy on the Tape Chart by "flagging the booking" and choosing a color for the flag. There are five colors to choose from: Red, Purple, Green, Brown, Blue.See Flag A Booking and “Warn On Check-in” Flag
When allowing Guests to book online, if a Guest uses their email address saved with a Guest Type discount value, then the Booking Engine automatically applies the 'discount' value to the rates.
To see the Guest Types, go to SETUP | PARAMETERS | GUEST TYPES. Your list of Guest Types will appear in the default view.
To Add a Guest Type: Click Add and a new browser window will open to add Source details.Enter the following information and click SAVE
- Guest Type I.D.: Enter a source ID that identifies the source. Examples include REF for Referral, or FB for Facebook.The I.D. is for Internal use only and will not be viewed by guests. I.D. must be alpha/numeric only. Do not use punctuation, symbols or hyphens. Use a max. of 10 Characters, 5 characters or less is preferred.
- Description: Enter a short description. This description will appear in the drop-down list for Source In Booking Information.
- Notes: Optional - notes for the source
- Booking Discount (%): Optional - Enter a Rate discount if needed. If you enter it here, it will always apply to the Guest Type when Booking.
- Extras Discount (%): Optional - Enter a Rate discount if needed. If you enter it here, it will always apply to the Guest Type when Booking.
- Warn on check-in: "Warn on check-in" to YES or NO. The "Yes" will enable the warning message feature. See “Warn On Check-in” Flag
- Publish Online: Set to "yes" to publish to your website and "no" to have it only appear on the drop-down list at your front desk.
- Net Password:
- Flag Booking: Choose YES to flag the Guest Type. A colored outline will automatically appear on all bookings on the Tape Chart with the Guest Type assigned to the Booking.See Flag A Booking
- Flag Color: Choose a color for the flag. There are five colors to choose from: Red, Purple, Green, Brown and blue
- Sort: Indicate a Sort # to order your list in the drop-down menu in Booking Information. See Booking Information
To Edit a Guest Type:To edit a Guest Type, click Edit at the bottom right corner of the page.
- All fields can be edited EXCEPT for the Guest Type I.D. which is needs to be preserved for data integrity.
- Modify all fields as necessary.
- If you no longer need the receipt type, click delete.
- Click Save when finished