You would follow these steps to make a booking for a guest that already has a guest record in your system (i.e. the guest has previously stayed at your prop- erty).
1. Click on the Room Bookings button on the Home window. The Booking Details window will open.
2. Click on the New button.
Note Clicking the New button when there is already a booking record loaded into the window
will display the New Entry Options dialog box which gives you the option of cloning the current booking (See "Cloning a Booking" on page cii) or making a new booking. Select the 'New Entry' or 'Clone Entry' option and click OK to continue.
3. If you clicked 'New Entry,' Enter the Guest ID if known and [Tab].
Tip You can just press [Tab] to use the Guest Search function and enter all or part of the surname,
first name, or company to find the existing guest record. Then, double-click on the
appropriate guest record.
4. Enter their Arrival/Departure information.
5. In the Room ID field enter a '?' or just hit [Tab] to display a list of available rooms to choose from.
Note If you have checked the Allow Direct Venue Bookings checkbox in the System
Configuration window then any available Venues will also appear in the Rooms lookup list
(See "Setting up Rooms" on page l).
6. Double-click on the desired room from the list to select it.
7. Enter a Rate ID if there is no default room rate for the chosen room. You may also directly enter any
rate and override your pre-set rates in which case you will be prompted to confirm the rate override
before the booking is made.
Tip You can enter a '?' or just hit [Tab] to display a Rates lookup list.
8. Enter the remainder of the booking information, any notes and then click OK. You will be returned to the Bookings window with the status of this booking set to Unconfirmed'.
Cloning a Booking1. Click on the Room Bookings button on the Home window. The Booking Details window will open.
2. Find the booking that you wish to clone. This will pull all the guest and booking details from a past
booking and save you time.
3. Click on the New button. A dialog box will be displayed giving you the option of cloning the
current booking or creating a new booking.
4. Choose 'Clone Entry' and click OK. The New Booking window will open ready for you to enter the
remainder of the booking details.