The Add Charge function can be used to add extra charges, manual Room Rent and discounts to the Guest Folio. To Add a Charge to a Guest Folio, go to the folio located in the Booking Details of a Guest. To Add a Charge to a House Folio, go to House Accounts.
Items in the Add Charge drop-down list have already been added as Inventory Items and given a description and/or a price. IF you have added this information to the Inventory item, it will auto fill when the item is chosen. These fields can also be manually entered or edited before the charge is applied.
To add a charge:
- Add Charge: Choose a charge from the "Add Charge" drop-down list. If you do not see the item you need, choose miscellaneous. To add more items to this list, go to Inventory Items
- Description: If you chose an item from the "Add Charge" list, the description will auto fill. You can also enter a new description..
- Quantity: Enter Quantity: this number will be used to automatically calculate the total amount based on the Unit Price.
- Unit Price: If you chose an item from the "Add Charge" list, the Unit Price will auto fill. You can also enter a new price.
- Amount: The Total Amount will automatically be calculated.
- Date: Choose the date. This feature allows you to choose a date in the future to create an "advanced charge". Use this to enter a charge that should be charged to the folio as a transaction on a date in the future. For example, if you want the charge to appear on your transactions or Item Analysis Report on the day that the Guest Checks in, then choose that date. The charge will appear on the folio.
- Apply Charge: Click "Apply Charge": The charge will be directed to the appropriate folio based on rules set up for the folio. See Folio Setup