The Default Rates area displays a list of all of the Rate Plans you have created for your property. Here you can create a new Rate Plan and modify the characteristics of an existing Rate Plan, but any actual Rate changes must be done in Manage Rates.
Create as many Rate Plans as needed and allocate these Rate Plans to Room Types or Packages. Although each Room Type can only be assigned one default Rate Plan, multiple Rate Plans can be allocated to the same Room Type for seasonal rates and promotions. See Agent Relationships and Promotions
When setting up a default Rate, think about the different Room Types you offer and how the rate plans will apply . Once this default Rate is entered, you can manage rate changes and length-of-stay options in Manage Rates. After you have set up the Rate Plans, create the Room Types to associate with the default Rates.
In the example below, The Queen Rate Plan is assigned to the Queen Room Type. This will appear as the standard rate plan for all Rooms in the Queen Room Type. To create a Special, discounted rate or package for the Queen Room Type, first create a new single rate or child rate and then allocate the additional rate plan in the Agent Allocations (RELATIONSHIPS|AGENT RELATIONSHIPS). See Agent Allocations. Or, in a Package. See Packages
- Rate I.D.: Rate ID will be seen in the Rate Plan drop-down list when making or editing a booking.
- Rate Description: Rate description will be seen in the Rate Plan drop-down list when making or editing a booking.
- Rate Group: Rate Groups are created primarily for Group bookings to apply a set of rates that correspond to a Room Type. See Add Rate Group
- Rate Type: Per person refers to the # of people included in the Room Rate (typically 2). This allows you charge an extra fee for additional guests in the same room. A flat rate refers to a Flat Rate regardless of number of people.
- Parent/Child: Parent Rates are the main rates and can have child rates set up underneath them. See Parent Rates and Child Rates
- Adult Day: This is the primary weekday Rate for the Rate Plan.